DID YOU KNOW?
???SIR HENRY MILL PELLATT:
- Sir Henry was born in Kingston, Ontario on January 6, 1859.
- Sir Henry was the eldest son in his family. He attended Upper Canada College in Toronto, and graduated at the age of 17, immediately joining his father's stock brokerage.
- Sir Henry met Lady Mary when he was 20 years old. Three years later, they were married. Sir Henry and Lady Mary had one child: a son named Reginald.
- Sir Henry made his fortune through wise investments in the Northwest Land Co., which gained tremendous success as the West was opened. Sir Henry then invested in the Canadian Pacific Railway, which became the major mode of transportation used for the shipment of grain from the West. Sir Henry's final major investment was in Hydro Electricity.
- Sir Henry was a very charitable man, donating regularly to organizations such as: St. John's Ambulance, the Royal Ontario Museum, the Victorian Order of Nurses, local churches, the University of Toronto and Grace Hospital.
- Sir Henry died at the age of 80 on March 8, 1939, and rests at the Forest Lawn Mausoleum in Toronto.
???(416) 923-1171 ext. 212